And the Awards go to...
The vast geographical reach of Asia encompasses a diverse spectrum of unique lifestyles, cultural heritage and socio-economic development. Design, and cultural diversity play vital forces in shaping city vibe, economic wealth and societal wellbeing, and in offering solutions to challenges that arise from our everyday life.
In the past 14 years, the DFA Awards has grown its international influence in Asia to underpin the role of designers in society and to celebrate design leadership and exemplary designs and projects with commercial success or impact in Asia, as well as to recognise the rising force of emerging designers in Hong Kong.
DFA Awards 2017 is going to announce its results in shortly. Meanwhile, let’s us tell you some interesting facts:
- On DFA Lifetime Achievement Award: this name is second to none… and he is a substantive figure from Japan!
- On DFA Design Leadership Award: the first Indonesian winner since the inauguration of this award
- On DFA World’s Outstanding Chinese Designer: a renowned design master from Hong Kong, internationally recognised by his designs, brand consultation, artistic practises
- On DFA Design for Asia Awards: this programme received over 1,000 entries from 23 economies; Environmental design tops the chart in both entry and winning, among other disciplines
- On DFA Hong Kong Young Designer Talent Award: we have attracted a record high number of candidates compete;17 design practitioners and graduates will be awarded.
Stay tuned to the full list of winners at DFAawards.com !