Summer Intern - DFA Awards
About Hong Kong Design Centre
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) was founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. HKDC continues its public mission to promote wider and strategic use of design and design thinking to create business value and improve societal well-being. Our initiatives are anchored by five major work directions: CONNECT, CELEBRATE, NURTURE, ADVANCE and ENGAGE.
HKDC’s flagship programmes include:
- Business of Design Week (BODW) (since 2002) – Asia’s leading annual conference and event on Design, Innovation and Brands;
- DFA Awards (since 2003) – a widely recognised design awards that celebrates outstanding designs with Asian perspectives;
- Design Incubation Programme (DIP) (since 2012) and Fashion Incubation Programme (FIP)(since 2016) – 2-year incubation programmes to nurture future design and fashion entrepreneurs;
- FASHION ASIA HONG KONG (FAHK) (since 2016) – a fashion initiative combining conversations, interactions and cultural exchanges to energise the city’s image, and position it as an Asian hub for fashion trade and business development; &
- Knowledge of Design Week (KODW) (since 2006) – an annual thematic design knowledge sharing platform that explores how design can solve complex challenges of our society.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a high caliber and like-minded candidate to join our dynamic team. Please visit our website www.hkdesigncentre.org for information of HKDC.
Work with the Fashion Incubation Programme (FIP) Secretariat in coordinating and facilitating the implementation of the FIP at FIP CITA Kowloon Bay Centre.
- Data / actual product handling
- Pre-judging logistics
- Judging: set up and dismantle with physical move-in/out of the materials from office / warehouse to the judging venue
- Assist in all the promotional events of the Awards in Hong Kong including forums, exhibitions, telemarketing, etc
- Any other ad-hoc tasks as assigned
- Outdoor duties may be required
- Year 1-3 undergraduates, preferably in studying Design or Marketing
- Proficiency in Cantonese, English & Mandarin
- Knowledge in other language is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications and versatility in social media
- Photoshop / Illustration skills are preferred
- Sensible and knowledge in Design, Art and Culture
- With logically thinking
About DFA Awards: https://dfaawards.com/
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, Unit 602, 6/F, Mill 5, The Mills, 45 Pak Tin Par Street, Tsuen Wan, HK or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.