Development & Special Projects
Senior Project Manager / Project Manager (Contract end at 31 Dec 2019) (New Project)
Design helps to enhance Hong Kong’s Competitiveness & Societal Well-being.
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) is a non-profit organisation founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. HKDC pursues its public mission in using design and innovation to drive the value creation of business development and improve the well-being of society through the provision of diverse innovation-oriented knowledge sharing and by providing diverse exchange platforms, anchored by five major work directions: CONNECT, CELEBRATE, NURTURE, ADVANCE and ENGAGE.
HKDC’s flagship programmes include:
- Business of Design Week (BODW) (since 2002) – Asia’s leading annual conference and event on Design, Innovation and Brands;
- Design for Asia Awards (DFA Awards) (since 2003) – the most recognised design awards from an Asian perspective;
- Design Incubation Programme (DIP) (since 2012) and Fashion Incubation Programme (FIP) (since 2016) –two-year incubation programmes to nurture future design and fashion entrepreneurs;
- Fashion Asia Hong Kong (FAHK) (since 2016) – a new initiative combining conversations, interactions and cultural exchanges to energise the city’s image, and positioning it as an Asian hub for fashion trade and business development; &
- Knowledge of Design Week (KODW) (since 2006) – an annual thematic design knowledge sharing platform on how design can solve complex challenges of our society.
We now have an exciting opportunity for talent(s) to join the family.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Your role is to plan, co-ordinate, curate and deliver exhibitions for a new visible face of Hong Kong Design Center with partnership building, exchange and education activities. You will also support other project managers within the team in addition to working on your own projects (in collaboration and guidance from the project Consultant), and play a key role in liaising with vendors / partners through to final site inspections.
- Curating, co-ordinting and planning of the Design In HK Gallery and Commission Works
- Interpretation of exhibits and carrying out background research (Good Design Exhibitions, Design In HK Gallery and Commission Works)
- Formulating and implementation of marketing and promotion plan
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationship with local and overseas partners
- Content development for catalogues and publications
- Irregular working hours and sat/sun/public holiday duty shift may be required
- Min. 10 years relevant experience with at least 5 years in managerial capacity
- Candidates with at least 7 years relevant experience with at least 3 years in managerial capacity will be considered as Project Manager
- Deep understanding on the local design scene and relevant experience is required
- Having a good network with individual designers and design associations
- Experience in organizing or curation of design exhibitions. Overseas project curation or other project working experience in the design, art or cultural field would be an advantages
- Strategic thinking, with creative flair and able to connect the dots
- Strong communication skills with internal and external teams
- Broad and diverse range of cultural interests
- Ownership, accountability and committed
- A good cultural fit with a passion for design and the industry
- An appreciation for style, and well presented
- Willing to work flexible shift hours and day, irregular working hours and sat/sun/public duty shift
- Immediate availability preferred
# Renewal of Contract subject to operation needs & satisfactory conduct and performance.
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, 1/F, InnoCentre, 72 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose