Senior Manager - Unleash! Empowered by Design Thinking
About Hong Kong Design Centre
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) was founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. HKDC continues its public mission to promote wider and strategic use of design and design thinking to create business value and improve societal well-being. Our initiatives are anchored by five major work directions: CONNECT, CELEBRATE, NURTURE, ADVANCE and ENGAGE.
HKDC’s flagship programmes include:
- Business of Design Week (BODW) (since 2002) – Asia’s leading annual conference and event on Design, Innovation and Brands;
- DFA Awards (since 2003) – a widely recognised design awards that celebrates outstanding designs with Asian perspectives;
- Design Incubation Programme (DIP) (since 2012) and Fashion Incubation Programme (FIP) (since 2016) – 2-year incubation programmes to nurture future design and fashion entrepreneurs;
- FASHION ASIA HONG KONG (FAHK) (since 2016) – a fashion initiative combining conversations, interactions and cultural exchanges to energise the city’s image, and position it as an Asian hub for fashion trade and business development; &
- Knowledge of Design Week (KODW) (since 2006) – an annual thematic design knowledge sharing platform that explores how design can solve complex challenges of our society.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a high caliber and like-minded candidate to join our dynamic team.
Roles of Senior Manager
- Work closely with the Senior Project Consultant and other HKDC staff in taking up the planning, execution and reporting matters of the programmes of activities
- Liaise and co-ordinate closely with HKDC staff and CreateHK of the HKSAR Government (the funding body) to ensure compliance with the project governance and administrative requirements
- Monitor the performance of professional service providers, including design thinking training, communications design, event management, public relations, social media marketing, media and other programme partners to ensure quality and timely delivery of the required duties
- University degree with 12+ years of related work experience in project management, with at least 5 years in a supervisory role
- Strong organisation, coordination and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills, including written English and Chinese
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as the position may allow flexi-time and working from office/home
- Attentive to details
- Immediate availability is preferred
Deadline: 29th July, 2019
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, Unit 602, 6/F, Mill 5, The Mills, 45 Pak Tin Par Street, Tsuen Wan or email to: email@example.com. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose