Senior Manager – DFA Awards, Design Exchange & Programme
About Hong Kong Design Centre
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) was founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. HKDC continues its public mission to promote wider and strategic use of design and design thinking to create business value and improve societal well-being. Our initiatives are anchored by five major work directions: CONNECT, CELEBRATE, NURTURE, ADVANCE and ENGAGE.
HKDC’s flagship programmes include:
- Business of Design Week (BODW) (since 2002) – Asia’s leading annual conference and event on Design, Innovation and Brands;
- DFA Awards (since 2003) – a widely recognised design awards that celebrates outstanding designs with Asian perspectives;
- Design Incubation Programme (DIP) (since 2012) and Fashion Incubation Programme (FIP) (since 2016) – 2-year incubation programmes to nurture future design and fashion entrepreneurs;
- FASHION ASIA HONG KONG (FAHK) (since 2016) – a fashion initiative combining conversations, interactions and cultural exchanges to energise the city’s image, and position it as an Asian hub for fashion trade and business development; &
- Knowledge of Design Week (KODW) (since 2006) – an annual thematic design knowledge sharing platform that explores how design can solve complex challenges of our society.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a high caliber and like-minded candidate to join our dynamic team.
- Champion content-driven programming or eventing and communications
- Plan, organise & execute plans for effecting integrated marketing communications, public relations & promotion for expanded reach and impact
- Proactively establish and implement strategic media relations and publishing in China, rest of Asia and overseas
- Develop multi-channeled social media and communications platform for expanding reach
- Establish productive relations with existing and potential partners across the public sector, brands, publishers, media, PR, creative & design communities, professional & industrial bodies, education and cultural institutions, trusts and foundations
- Plan and implement pre and post event PR and related marketing and promotion, including exhibition
- Perform ad hoc assignments as required
- Graduate with at least 7 years post-graduation work experience; with at least 3 years’ experience in a team leadership role with good coaching skills and ability to navigate complexity in an innovation setting;
- Digital savvy and resourceful with creative thinking, network and flair in working with diverse stakeholders
- A competent project manager. A self-initiator and collaborator with sense of urgency and ability to deliver under tight timelines
- Strengths in storytelling with good command in written and spoken English and Chinese, including Mandarin
- Sensibility to design and culture is a must with interest in design promotion and nurturing design talents and entrepreneurs
- A professional with accountability to meet statutory, industry code of conduct and internal reporting and compliance requirements
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, 1/F, InnoCentre, 72 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.