About Hong Kong Design Centre
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) was founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. We are on a public mission to promote wider and strategic use of design and design thinking to foster innovation, create business value and improve societal well-being.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a high caliber candidate to join our dynamic team. Please visit our website www.hkdesigncentre.org for information of HKDC.
- Supports HKDC's design and knowledge programmes;
- Responsible for a variety of curatorial and administrative tasks including research, liaison, planning and delivery programmes;
- Liaises and coordinates with internal teams and external parties across public and private sectors including government agencies, academic and institutional parties, design professionals, business executive, and local and overseas partners;
- Assists in content creation, writing and editing, proof-reading and translation;
- Assists in delivery of Design Thinking and Innovation related programmes such as workshops, seminars, and lectures, etc;
- Assists in the content development of design knowledge platform, in formats such as articles, social media postings, case studies, etc; and
- Performs effective project management, including grant application and reporting, database maintenance, and other ad hoc duties as assigned.
- A good university degree preferably in design, art, language studies, cultural studies, social science, communications, or related field;
- Min. 2 years of relevant work experience in content research, curatorial development and project management;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and Chinese are essential, preferably with a flair for storytelling and creative writing;
- Proficiency in MS Office Application;
- Sensibility to culture, design and innovation, trends, and technology;
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and culturally diverse environment;
- A self-motivated and responsible individual, with original thinking, an appetite for knowledge, international experience, a versatile approach and strong attention to details in all aspects of work;
- Experience and flare in planning and delivering knowledge programmes for the general public, such as wotkshops and training programmes;
- Understanding of the use of digital technologies for knowledge sharing would be an advantage; and
- Knowledge of and / or passion for design.
More information about IDK / Design Thinking:
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, Unit 602, 6/F, Mill 5, The Mills, 45 Pak Tin Par Street, Tsuen Wan or email to: email@example.com on or before 17 Jun 2021. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.