Content & Programme
Manager - Contents, Innovation Programmes & Projects
About Hong Kong Design Centre
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) was founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. HKDC continues its public mission to promote wider and strategic use of design and design thinking to create business value and improve societal well-being. Our initiatives are anchored by five major work directions: CONNECT, CELEBRATE, NURTURE, ADVANCE and ENGAGE.
HKDC’s flagship programmes include:
- Business of Design Week (BODW) (since 2002) – Asia’s leading annual conference and event on Design, Innovation and Brands;
- DFA Awards (since 2003) – a widely recognised design awards that celebrates outstanding designs with Asian perspectives;
- Design Incubation Programme (DIP) (since 2012) and Fashion Incubation Programme (FIP)(since 2016) – 2-year incubation programmes to nurture future design and fashion entrepreneurs;
- FASHION ASIA HONG KONG (FAHK) (since 2016) – a fashion initiative combining conversations, interactions and cultural exchanges to energise the city’s image, and position it as an Asian hub for fashion trade and business development; &
- Knowledge of Design Week (KODW) (since 2006) – an annual thematic design knowledge sharing platform that explores how design can solve complex challenges of our society.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a high caliber and like-minded candidate to join our dynamic team. Please visit our website www.hkdesigncentre.org for information of HKDC.
- Reporting to Senior Manager, he/she will help shape programme, project and content strategy across the board to spearhead delivery of innovation-oriented programmes and facilitation of education and knowledge dissemination;
- He/she will assist management of the Institute of Design Knowledge and its initiatives of awareness programmes, including serving as design project manager in organising and coordinating bespoke design thinking and innovation workshops/education programme, and design demonstration projects with partners from public, commercial and education sectors;
- He/she will support the knowledge and innovation programmes to research, frame, manage and disseminate knowledge across multiple platforms or formats;
- He/she will be required to carry out operational duties as appropriate.
- University graduate with at least 5 years post-graduated work experience;
- Working knowledge of design and innovation methodologies; past experience in conducting research and generating contents for knowledge dissemination, preferably in managing research projects related to design and/or behavioural insight nature.
- Good command in written and spoken English and Chinese, with flare in composing, communicating and presenting ideas via written and visual formats, social media, etc.;
- Self-initiative, collaborative and good problem-solving abilities;
- Sensibility to trends in design, culture and technology; be digital savvy along with having an innovation-oriented education or work background would be an advantage;
- Experience in project management and working with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds;
* Candidate with less experience may be considered for appointment at Assistant Manager level.
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, 1/F, InnoCentre, 72 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.