Manager - Contents & Programmes
About Hong Kong Design Centre
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) was founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. HKDC continues its public mission to promote wider and strategic use of design and design thinking to create business value and improve societal well-being. Our initiatives are anchored by five major work directions: CONNECT, CELEBRATE, NURTURE, ADVANCE and ENGAGE.
HKDC’s flagship programmes include:
- Business of Design Week (BODW) (since 2002) – Asia’s leading annual conference and event on Design, Innovation and Brands;
- DFA Awards (since 2003) – a widely recognised design awards that celebrates outstanding designs with Asian perspectives;
- Design Incubation Programme (DIP) (since 2012) and Fashion Incubation Programme (FIP)(since 2016) – 2-year incubation programmes to nurture future design and fashion entrepreneurs;
- FASHION ASIA HONG KONG (FAHK) (since 2016) – a fashion initiative combining conversations, interactions and cultural exchanges to energise the city’s image, and position it as an Asian hub for fashion trade and business development; &
- Knowledge of Design Week (KODW) (since 2006) – an annual thematic design knowledge sharing platform that explores how design can solve complex challenges of our society.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a high caliber and like-minded candidate to join our dynamic team. Please visit our website www.hkdesigncentre.org for information of HKDC.
- He/She will help shape and deliver innovation and future-oriented programming and content strategy and facilitate knowledge dissemination;
- Working under the direction of the Executive Director (or his designate), he/she will manage the organisation of two annual flagship programmes - the Business of Design Week and the Knowledge of Design Week, responsible for content research, curation and delivery of the programmes.
- Combining curatorial and administrative support, the role will involve coordinating internal teams, programme steering committees and external stakeholders including, but not limited to, domain champions, subject matter experts and executives across sectors to design programmes in line with HKDC’s public mission, content strategy and programme objectives;
- Responsible for the creation of contents and dissemination of programme insights across multiple platforms;
- Perform ad hoc assignments as required.
- University graduate with at least 5 years post-graduation work experience; with at least 1 year’s experience in a team leadership role with good coaching skills and the ability to navigate complexity;
- Undergraduate qualification in design, cultural studies, humanities, social sciences or a related field;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Chinese, both in writing and verbally, preferably with a flair for storytelling; experience of working or living within a multicultural environment will be an advantage;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines, preferably with relevant experience in funding application and undertaking effective project management;
- Attention to detail and excellent organisational skills; a keen learner and a self-motivated team player;
- Good sensibility to design, culture, trends and technology; be digital savvy along with international exposure will be an advantage.
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, Unit 602, 6/F, Mill 5, The Mills, 45 Pak Tin Par Street, Tsuen Wan or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.