Design Incubation Programme
Simultaneous Interpreter, Design Incubation Programme (Project Basis)
About Hong Kong Design Centre
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) was founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. HKDC continues its public mission to promote wider and strategic use of design and design thinking to create business value and improve societal well-being. Our initiatives are anchored by five major work directions: CONNECT, CELEBRATE, NURTURE, ADVANCE and ENGAGE.
HKDC’s flagship programmes include:
- Business of Design Week (BODW) (since 2002) – Asia’s leading annual conference and event on Design, Innovation and Brands;
- DFA Awards (since 2003) – a widely recognised design awards that celebrates outstanding designs with Asian perspectives;
- Design Incubation Programme (DIP) (since 2012) and Fashion Incubation Programme (FIP)(since 2016) – 2-year incubation programmes to nurture future design and fashion entrepreneurs;
- FASHION ASIA HONG KONG (FAHK) (since 2016) – a fashion initiative combining conversations, interactions and cultural exchanges to energise the city’s image, and position it as an Asian hub for fashion trade and business development; &
- Knowledge of Design Week (KODW) (since 2006) – an annual thematic design knowledge sharing platform that explores how design can solve complex challenges of our society.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a high caliber and like-minded candidate to join our dynamic team. Please visit our website www.hkdesigncentre.org for information of HKDC.
- Ability to provide quality simultaneous interpretation from Cantonese/ Mandarin to English for a taught business programme project in the summer of 2019
- Target audience: A few English speaking business start-ups in the Design Incubation Programme.
- Speech interpretation involve listening to and understanding spoken content in Cantonese/ Mandarin, then reproducing accurately such content in English.
- Duty period: 6-10pm on 7 evenings from end June to mid August 2019 at one of the DIP Centres, plus a 2-days-1-night tour in Pearl Delta Region. (Transportation and accommodation will be provided for the tour)
- Simultaneous equipment will be provided.
- Undergraduate students in Linguistics, Translation, Interpretation, English or equivalent.
- Native level of fluency in both English and Cantonese/ Mandarin.
- Self-motivate, able to work independently.
- Interests and prior exposure to creative industries is a plus.
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, Unit 602, 6/F, Mill 5, The Mills, 45 Pak Tin Par Street, Tsuen Wan or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.