Design Salon Hong Kong @ 7 Mallory Street
Senior Project Executive / Project Executive (12-month Contract) (New Project)
About Hong Kong Design Centre
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) was founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. HKDC continues its public mission to promote wider and strategic use of design and design thinking to create business value and improve societal well-being. Our initiatives are anchored by five major work directions: CONNECT, CELEBRATE, NURTURE, ADVANCE and ENGAGE.
HKDC’s flagship programmes include:
- Business of Design Week (BODW) (since 2002) – Asia’s leading annual conference and event on Design, Innovation and Brands;
- DFA Awards (since 2003) – a widely recognised design awards that celebrates outstanding designs with Asian perspectives;
- Design Incubation Programme (DIP) (since 2012) and Fashion Incubation Programme (FIP) (since 2016) – 2-year incubation programmes to nurture future design and fashion entrepreneurs;
- FASHION ASIA HONG KONG (FAHK) (since 2016) – a fashion initiative combining conversations, interactions and cultural exchanges to energise the city’s image, and position it as an Asian hub for fashion trade and business development; &
- Knowledge of Design Week (KODW) (since 2006) – an annual thematic design knowledge sharing platform that explores how design can solve complex challenges of our society.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a high caliber and like-minded candidate to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively organise, execute and support the operation of exhibitions, events, gallery/ pop up store and docent tours
- Implement marketing and promotion plan for the programme and/or projects to build heightened awareness and for expanding reach and impact
- Digital outreach like social media, website management on programme promotion
- Generate quality and engaging offline and online content to meet different programme objectives
- Handle logistics and provide administrative support for efficient project management;
- Provide onsite support to events;
- Liaise and coordinate with both internal and external parties on daily operations and marketing implementation;
- Perform ad-hoc assignments as required
- University graduate, prefer in Marketing, Communications, Languages, or related disciplines.
- At least 3-4 years of solid and relevant experience in PR/ marketing agency or design-related industry (e.g. design education, community programme, event management, exhibition management, marketing and customer services etc.);
- Candidates with lesser experience (1-2 years) will be considered as Project Executive;
- Familiar with content planning, social media and website management is definitely a plus;
- Demonstration of strong interest in promoting design thinking, design knowledge and design industry;
- Proactive, detail-minded, responsible, adaptable and resourceful self-starter with tactful communication and interpersonal skills to working among diverse communities;
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese (including Putonghua);
- Proficiency in MS Office and Chinese Word Processing; hands on knowledge in design software (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat etc.) would be an advantage;
- Willing to work flexible shift hours and day, include sat/sun and public holidays when necessary;
- Immediate availability preferred
# Renewal of Contract subject to operation needs & satisfactory conduct and performance.
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, 1/F, InnoCentre, 72 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose