Part-Time Project Manager (5- Month Contract)
Design helps to enhance Hong Kong’s Competitiveness & Societal Well-being.
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) is a non-profit organisation founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. HKDC pursues its public mission in using design and innovation to drive the value creation of business development and improve the well-being of society through the provision of diverse innovation-oriented knowledge sharing and by providing diverse exchange platforms, anchored by five major work directions: CONNECT, CELEBRATE, NURTURE, ADVANCE and ENGAGE.
HKDC’s flagship programmes include:
- Business of Design Week (BODW) (since 2002) – Asia’s leading annual conference and event on Design, Innovation and Brands;
- Design for Asia Awards (DFA Awards) (since 2003) – the most recognised design awards from an Asian perspective;
- Design Incubation Programme (DIP) (since 2012) and Fashion Incubation Programme (FIP) (since 2016) –two-year incubation programmes to nurture future design and fashion entrepreneurs;
- Fashion Asia Hong Kong (FAHK) (since 2016) – a new initiative combining conversations, interactions and cultural exchanges to energise the city’s image, and positioning it as an Asian hub for fashion trade and business development; &
- Knowledge of Design Week (KODW) (since 2006) – an annual thematic design knowledge sharing platform on how design can solve complex challenges of our society.
We now have an exciting opportunity for talent(s) to join the family.
Roles of Project Manager
- Work closely with the Team Lead and other HKDC staff in taking up the planning, execution and delivery of assigned project(s) with quality and in compliance with governance and administrative requirements;
- Monitor the performance of professional service providers, including event management, public relations and content marketing to ensure quality and timely delivery of the required duties.
- University degree with 7+ years of related work experience, preferably in event management and public relations, with at least 3 years in a supervisory role
- Strong organisation, coordinating and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive, dynamic and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese
- Immediate availability is required
Interested parties are invited to send your resume to email@example.com with expected salary and earliest available date. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised.