Director - Progamme (DFA Awards & Design Exchange)
Design helps to enhance Hong Kong’s Competitiveness & Societal Well-being.
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) is a non-profit organisation founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. HKDC pursues its public mission in using design and innovation to drive the value creation of business development and improve the well-being of society through the provision of diverse innovation-oriented knowledge sharing and by providing diverse exchange platforms, anchored by five major work directions: CONNECT, CELEBRATE, NURTURE, ADVANCE and ENGAGE.
HKDC’s flagship programmes include:
- Business of Design Week (BODW) (since 2002) – Asia’s leading annual conference and event on Design, Innovation and Brands;
- Design for Asia Awards (DFA Awards) (since 2003) – the most recognised design awards from an Asian perspective;
- Design Incubation Programme (DIP) (since 2012) and Fashion Incubation Programme (FIP) (since 2016) –two-year incubation programmes to nurture future design and fashion entrepreneurs;
- Fashion Asia Hong Kong (FAHK) (since 2016) – a new initiative combining conversations, interactions and cultural exchanges to energise the city’s image, and positioning it as an Asian hub for fashion trade and business development; &
- Knowledge of Design Week (KODW) (since 2006) – an annual thematic design knowledge sharing platform on how design can solve complex challenges of our society.
We now have an exciting opportunity for talent(s) to join the family.
- Reporting to Executive Director and be member of the Executive Management team;
- Offer strategic advice and insight to Executive Director and Board of Directors on DFA Awards and HKDC on the macro design scene, creative industry-related development, and ways to enhance Hong Kong’s positioning and programming impact as an international creative city and design hub in Asia;
- Manage, develop and execute HKDC’s flagship Awards programmes and Design Exchange projects and related activities, including initiate new initiatives and/or develop contents or programmes to leverage on Belt and Road and Greater Bay Area initiatives;
- Work closely with HKDC management & relevant stakeholders to shape, plan and orchestrate development & organise resources for cost-effective, timely and experience-based delivery, with impact and compliance with management reporting and governance requirements;
- Strike partnership, build legacy and manage assigned programmes and projects on time with high quality and impactful delivery;
- Service related committees of the board in setting and implementing activities, including planning the new Design and Fashion Base in Shum Shui Po together with Management
- Manage with accountability the administration and effective operation of the team, including team building, staff development and mentoring, budget control, logistical arrangements, monitoring of vendor performance, assessment of feedback and impact, and other funding matters;
- Undertake ad hoc assignments as required
- University graduate with minimum of 8 years relevant experience, be resourceful in creative industry with good business and marketing sense, with sensibility to design, content-driven programming and curatorial direction, partnership and communications;
- A team builder and team player with highly developed, people-centric leadership style, a growth mindset and strong project planning, development and management skills;
- Ability to develop and sustain strong working relationships with stakeholders, both internally and externally;
- Self-initiative, with resilience, accountability and ability to work across teams and in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong business acumen with good storytelling, communication and language skills, in both spoken and written English and Chinese (incl. Mandarin)
- Ability to discharge duties with professionalism, ethics, tact and compliance with corporate governance;
- Knowledge and experience in NGOs an in initiating and managing public-funded and public-private partnership projects would be highly advantageous;
- Excellent influencing and communication skills with good personality and service attitudes
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, 1/F, InnoCentre, 72 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose