Deputy Executive Director
Design helps to enhance Hong Kong’s Competitiveness & Societal Well-being.
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) is a non-profit organisation founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. HKDC pursues its public mission in using design and innovation to drive the value creation of business development and improve the well-being of society through the provision of diverse innovation-oriented knowledge sharing and by providing diverse exchange platforms, anchored by five major work directions: CONNECT, CELEBRATE, NURTURE, ADVANCE and ENGAGE.
HKDC’s flagship programmes include:
- Business of Design Week (BODW) (since 2002) – Asia’s leading annual conference and event on Design, Innovation and Brands;
- Design for Asia Awards (DFA Awards) (since 2003) – the most recognised design awards from an Asian perspective;
- Design Incubation Programme (DIP) (since 2012) and Fashion Incubation Programme (FIP) (since 2016) –two-year incubation programmes to nurture future design and fashion entrepreneurs;
- Fashion Asia Hong Kong (FAHK) (since 2016) – a new initiative combining conversations, interactions and cultural exchanges to energise the city’s image, and positioning it as an Asian hub for fashion trade and business development; &
- Knowledge of Design Week (KODW) (since 2006) – an annual thematic design knowledge sharing platform on how design can solve complex challenges of our society.
We now have an exciting opportunity for talent(s) to join the family.
- Reporting to the Executive Director, and be member of the Executive Management team (and deputise for Executive Director in his absence)
- Provide leadership, direction and advisory in strategic planning and operations of the organisation in alignment with the public mission, vision and strategic priorities;
- Closely work with the Executive Director and with advice from the board to develop strategies and work plans to strengthen finance, HR, administration and enhance corporate governance ;
- Serve related committees of the board in setting and implementing activities, including planning the new Design and Fashion Base in Shum Shui Po together with Management ;
- Steer, coordinate and oversee the work of Director of the Business Development and Projects group, and execute corporate development initiatives, covering special projects and fundraising ;
- Steer and oversee the work of the directorate colleague in Finance and Administration ;
- Oversee HR and foster a happy, creative, productive and collaborative work culture;
- Timely reporting to ED and committees in areas of own responsibilities and as assigned ;
- Perform ad hoc assignments as required.
- Bachelor degree with a minimum of 15 years relevant experience in corporate services;
- Proven track record in business administration and general management at top executive level;
- Knowledge and experience in NGOs general management would be advantageous;
- A team builder and team player with leadership qualities in fostering a creative, happy, collaborative and productive work environment;
- Highly developed, people-centric leadership style with a growth mindset and strong administrative, communications, coaching and influencing skills, and with a keen eye for detail;
- Ability to navigate complexity, be entrepreneurial and innovative, hands-on and action-oriented;
- Self-initiative with resilience, accountability and ability to work across teams and in a fast-paced environment;
Ability to discharge duties with pprofessionalism, ethics, tact and compliance with corporate governance
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, 1/F, InnoCentre, 72 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon or email to email@example.com. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose