Design District Hong Kong (#ddHK)
Assistant Project Manager / Senior Project Executive (2-Year Contract)
About Hong Kong Design Centre
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) was founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. HKDC continues its public mission to promote wider and strategic use of design and design thinking to create business value and improve societal well-being. Our initiatives are anchored by five major work directions: CONNECT, CELEBRATE, NURTURE, ADVANCE and ENGAGE.
HKDC’s flagship programmes include:
- Business of Design Week (BODW) (since 2002) – Asia’s leading annual conference and event on Design, Innovation and Brands;
- DFA Awards (since 2003) – a widely recognised design awards that celebrates outstanding designs with Asian perspectives;
- Design Incubation Programme (DIP) (since 2012) and Fashion Incubation Programme (FIP) (since 2016) – 2-year incubation programmes to nurture future design and fashion entrepreneurs;
- FASHION ASIA HONG KONG (FAHK) (since 2016) – a fashion initiative combining conversations, interactions and cultural exchanges to energise the city’s image, and position it as an Asian hub for fashion trade and business development; &
- Knowledge of Design Week (KODW) (since 2006) – an annual thematic design knowledge sharing platform that explores how design can solve complex challenges of our society.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a high caliber and like-minded candidate to join our dynamic team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be part of the enterprising team to deliver creative projects from concepts through to implementation in particular on design research, placemaking, festival production/event management, education programme and community activation.
- To bring a strong conceptual approach and a keen understanding of design thinking process, and the role of design and interventions at public space.
- Assist in crafting and shaping design related programmes as being part of a tourism project.
- Execute the programme and work closely with various vendors and liaise with internal and external parties across public.
- University graduate with min. 5 years relevant experience;
- Candidate with less experience (min. 4years) will be considered as Senior Project Executive;
- Specialised in Design, Design Management or related design disciplines, ideally with a diverse sector/discipline experience;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese (including Putonghua);
- Experience in design documentation and contract administration in similar design organization;
- Strong arts & cultural project management;
- Strategic thinking, with creative flair and able to connect the dots;
- Strong communication skills with internal and external teams;
- Experience in fashion-related event management, social innovation programme, placemaking and tourism marketing is an advantage;
- Broad and diverse range of cultural interests;
- Ownership, accountability and committed;
- A good cultural fit with a passion for design and the industry;
- An appreciation for style, and well presented;
- Immediate availability preferred
More information about Design District Hong Kong (#ddHK):
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, 1/F, InnoCentre, 72 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.