Assistant Project Manager (Contract End: April 2020, Renewable)
About Hong Kong Design Centre
Design helps to enhance Hong Kong’s Competitiveness & Societal Well-being.
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) is a non-profit organisation founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. HKDC pursues its public mission in using design and innovation to drive the value creation of business development and improve the well-being of society through the provision of diverse innovation-oriented knowledge sharing and by providing diverse exchange platforms, anchored by five major work directions: CONNECT, CELEBRATE, NURTURE, ADVANCE and ENGAGE.
HKDC’s flagship programmes include:
- Business of Design Week (BODW) (since 2002) – Asia’s leading annual conference and event on Design, Innovation and Brands;
- Design for Asia Awards (DFA Awards) (since 2003) – the most recognised design awards from an Asian perspective;
- Design Incubation Programme (DIP) (since 2012) and Fashion Incubation Programme (FIP) (since 2016) –two-year incubation programmes to nurture future design and fashion entrepreneurs;
- Fashion Asia Hong Kong (FAHK) (since 2016) – a new initiative combining conversations, interactions and cultural exchanges to energise the city’s image, and positioning it as an Asian hub for fashion trade and business development; &
- Knowledge of Design Week (KODW) (since 2006) – an annual thematic design knowledge sharing platform on how design can solve complex challenges of our society.
We now have an exciting opportunity for talent(s) to join the family.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Work closely with the Senior Project Manager/Project Manager in taking up the planning, implementation and delivery of exhibitions and design programmes for a new visible face of Hong Kong Design Centre called “Design Spectrum” at 7 Mallory Street, Wan Chai.
- Effectively develop, organise and manage the planning and execution of Gallery, exhibitions and design related programmes to promote good design;
- Undertake exhibition/programme and content research, handle and execute effective project management and hospitality, including budgetary control, supervision of subordinates, timely reporting, assessment of outcomes and impact of the related activities;
- Manage and administer all the logistics of the exhibition and programme to ensure effectiveness and efficiency in project delivery in a professional, flexible and customer service-oriented manner at all times;
- Coordinate with service providers and liaise with internal and external stakeholders including business partners, vendors, schools and etc.;
- Interpretation of exhibits and performing duty as workshops facilitator and guided tour docent if needed;
- Perform ad-hoc assignments as required
- University graduate with min. 5 years relevant experience;
- Experience in organising or curation of exhibitions and programme with working experience in the design, art or cultural field would be an advantage;
- Good understanding on the local design scene and broad and diverse range of cultural interests;
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in meeting deadlines;
- Experience in problem-solving skills, a strong sense of responsibility, and be highly self-motivated and multi-tasking;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese (including Putonghua);
- Willing to work flexible shift hours and day, include Sat/Sun and Public Holidays;
- Immediate availability preferred
# Renewal of Contract subject to operation needs & satisfactory conduct and performance.
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, Unit 602, 6/F, Mill 5, The Mills, 45 Pak Tin Par Street, Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose