New Project at Wan Chai
Assistant Project Manager (14-Month Contract) (New Project) (2 Vacancies)
Design helps to enhance Hong Kong’s Competitiveness & Societal Well-being.
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) is a non-profit organisation founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. HKDC pursues its public mission in using design and innovation to drive the value creation of business development and improve the well-being of society through the provision of diverse innovation-oriented knowledge sharing and by providing diverse exchange platforms, anchored by five major work directions: CONNECT, CELEBRATE, NURTURE, ADVANCE and ENGAGE.
HKDC’s flagship programmes include:
- Business of Design Week (BODW) (since 2002) – Asia’s leading annual conference and event on Design, Innovation and Brands;
- Design for Asia Awards (DFA Awards) (since 2003) – the most recognised design awards from an Asian perspective;
- Design Incubation Programme (DIP) (since 2012) and Fashion Incubation Programme (FIP) (since 2016) –two-year incubation programmes to nurture future design and fashion entrepreneurs;
- Fashion Asia Hong Kong (FAHK) (since 2016) – a new initiative combining conversations, interactions and cultural exchanges to energise the city’s image, and positioning it as an Asian hub for fashion trade and business development; &
- Knowledge of Design Week (KODW) (since 2006) – an annual thematic design knowledge sharing platform on how design can solve complex challenges of our society.
We now have an exciting opportunity for talent(s) to join the family.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Work closely with the Senior Project Manager/Project Manager in taking up the planning implementation and delivery of exhibitions and programmes for a new visible face of Hong Kong Design Centre with partnership building, exchange and education activities.
- Assist in planning and organisation of the Gallery, exhibitions and programmes
- Interpretation of exhibits and performing duty as workshop facilitator
- Assist in formulating and developing the programme and project strategies to promoting good designs
- Coordinating with professional service providers and liaise with internal and external parties including business partners, vendors, schools and etc
- Undertake programme and content research and development, handle and execute effective event management and hospitality, including budgetary control, timely reporting, compliance with corporate governance policies, assessment of outcomes and impact of the related activities
- University graduate with min. 5 years relevant experience
- Good understanding on the local design scene
- Experience in organizing or curation of design exhibitions or events with working experience in the design, art or cultural field would be an advantage
- Strong communication skills with internal and external teams
- Broad and diverse range of cultural interests
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese (including Putonghua)
- Willing to work flexible shift hours and day, include sat/sun and public holidays
- Immediate availability preferred
# Renewal of Contract subject to operation needs & satisfactory conduct and performance.
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, 1/F, InnoCentre, 72 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose