Assistant Project Manager (12-month Contract)
About Hong Kong Design Centre
Design helps to enhance Hong Kong’s Competitiveness & Societal Well-being.
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) is a non-profit organisation founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. HKDC pursues its public mission in using design and innovation to drive the value creation of business development and improve the well-being of society through the provision of diverse innovation-oriented knowledge sharing and by providing diverse exchange platforms, anchored by five major work directions: CONNECT, CELEBRATE, NURTURE, ADVANCE and ENGAGE.
HKDC’s flagship programmes include:
- Business of Design Week (BODW) (since 2002) – Asia’s leading annual conference and event on Design, Innovation and Brands;
- Design for Asia Awards (DFA Awards) (since 2003) – the most recognised design awards from an Asian perspective;
- Design Incubation Programme (DIP) (since 2012) and Fashion Incubation Programme (FIP)(since 2016) –two-year incubation programmes to nurture future design and fashion entrepreneurs;
- Fashion Asia Hong Kong (FAHK) (since 2016) – a new initiative combining conversations, interactions and cultural exchanges to energise the city’s image, and positioning it as an Asian hub for fashion trade and business development; &
- Knowledge of Design Week (KODW) (since 2006) – an annual thematic design knowledge sharing platform on how design can solve complex challenges of our society.
We now have an exciting opportunity for talent(s) to join the family.
- Assist in formulating and developing HKDC programme/project strategies for nurturing young design talents and promoting good designs
- Develop copywriting for all kinds of promotion and assist in implementing brand-building, marketing and communication plans to build heightened awareness and for expanding reach and impact
- Build overseas and local strategic partnership and establishment of productive relations with design companies and institutes
- Undertake programme and content research and development, handle and execute effective event management and hospitality, including budgetary control, timely reporting, compliance with corporate governance policies, assessment of outcomes and impact of the related activities
- Perform ad hoc assignments as required
- Sensibility towards design, University graduate(s) with a minimum of 6 years’ relevant work experience in design industry-related developments (e.g. design education, experience-based programming, event /exhibition management, hospitality, marketing, communications, art and cultural, etc.);
- Experience in working with media/PR is an absolute advantage
- Demonstration of strong interest in promoting design thinking, design knowledge and design industry
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese (including Putonghua)
- Positive work attitude; detail minded and passion for our mission
- Resourceful with creative thinking, network and flair in working with diverse stakeholders.
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, 1/F, InnoCentre, 72 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.