Development & Special Projects
Manager – Marketing & Partnership (1-Year Contract)
About Hong Kong Design Centre
Design helps to enhance Hong Kong’s Competitiveness & Societal Well-being.
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) is a non-profit organisation founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. HKDC pursues its public mission in using design and innovation to drive the value creation of business development and improve the well-being of society through the provision of diverse innovation-oriented knowledge sharing and by providing diverse exchange platforms, anchored by five major work directions: CONNECT, CELEBRATE, NURTURE, ADVANCE and ENGAGE.
HKDC’s flagship programmes include:
- Business of Design Week (BODW) (since 2002) – Asia’s leading annual conference and event on Design, Innovation and Brands;
- Design for Asia Awards (DFA Awards) (since 2003) – the most recognised design awards from an Asian perspective;
- Design Incubation Programme (DIP) (since 2012) and Fashion Incubation Programme (FIP)(since 2016) –two-year incubation programmes to nurture future design and fashion entrepreneurs;
- Fashion Asia Hong Kong (FAHK) (since 2016) – a new initiative combining conversations, interactions and cultural exchanges to energise the city’s image, and positioning it as an Asian hub for fashion trade and business development; &
- Knowledge of Design Week (KODW) (since 2006) – an annual thematic design knowledge sharing platform on how design can solve complex challenges of our society.
We now have an exciting opportunity for talent(s) to join the family.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
Reporting to Project Consultant, you will be part of the enterprising team to deliver creative projects from concepts through to implementation in particular on design research, placemaking, festival production/event management, education programme and community activation. Your role is to support the development and implementation of the promotion strategies and marketing plan of the projects.
- Proactively develop and manage the overall marketing and PR plan for creative projects
- Manage and liaise within and across teams for effective integrated marketing, partnership, public relations for expanded reach and impact
- Establish productive relations with existing and potential partners across the designers & curators, public sector, brands, publishers, media, PR, creative & design communities, professional & industrial bodies, education and cultural institutions, local community & trusts and foundations to facilitate the implementation of the project
- Generate quality and engaging offline and online content to meet different programme objectives
- Provide support for efficient project and sponsor / partner management
- Work closely with various parties (designers & curators, local residents & businesses, schools and educational partners, public sectors, etc) to increase the awareness of the project
- Provide professional advices and assistance to all stakeholders in facilitating the participation of the project
- Undertake effective project management, including budgetary control, timely reporting, compliance with corporate governance policies, assessment of outcomes and impact of the related activities
- Perform other ad hoc assignments as required
- University degree preferably in Marketing, Business Management, Communications, or related disciplines with 7+ years’ related work experience, with at least 3 years in a supervisory role
- Solid experience in media networking is a MUST
- Resourceful with creative thinking, network and flair in working with sponsors, media partners and diverse stakeholders
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills with good understanding of media tracking and analysis tools
- Business acumen with strong organising, coordinating and problem-solving skills
- Experiences in large-scale outdoor and/or community-driven activities is highly preferable
- Experience in managing funding proposals and various vetting documents a plus
- An effective communicator with strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Self-initiative, proactive, dynamic and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Flexible multi-taskers with strong organisational and time management skills
- Experience in tourism marketing, placemaking or arts & cultural projects is an advantage
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese (including Putonghua)
- A good cultural fit, a passion for design and the industry
- An appreciation for style, and well presented
- Immediate availability preferred
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, 1/F, InnoCentre, 72 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.