(with portfolio responsibility for knowledge-driven programmes and training and workshop platforms to empower growth and innovation of business and industries)
Exciting Opportunity at Hong Kong Design Centre
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) is an integral player of Hong Kong’s innovation ecosystem and HKSAR Government’s strategic partner in promoting wider and strategic use of design. We serve as an advocate and platform integrator to foster good design and design leadership; and nurture and promote design talents and entrepreneurs. Our work is also geared to cultivate design thinking for creative leadership and competitiveness, and an innovation culture for city advancement, economic value creation and societal well-being.
We are now looking for a competent, dynamic and personable project champion with enterprising creativity to join the team.
- To offer advice in design and innovation leadership, creative industry development, programming & education for industry and community outreach and continuous professional development;
- To report to Executive Director and be the group manager for annual flagship programmes, such as BODW, KODW and training and workshops through IDK (Institute of Design Knowledge); and oversee the new Advisory Group Fashion Secretariat headed by a Director.
- To supervise staff mentoring and development, and co-champion with ED to build collaborative and productive team-based behaviour within and across teams;
- To direct projects from conceptual development, stakeholder engagement and relations, grant application to effective orchestration of resources and implementation covering budgeting, programming, production, marketing, audience engagement, partnership, overall project management, delivery and impact evaluation;
- To network, advocate, initiate and champion in-house and other commissioned or partnering projects to promulgate wider and strategic use of design and innovation in public and private sectors and the community (may require collaboration with other internal teams and external partners);
- To effect quality delivery in compliance with management reporting and governance requirements;
- To undertake ad hoc tasks pertinent to the public mission as assigned by Executive Director
- University graduate with 10+ years relevant experience, preferably be a resourceful group manager with substantive programme management responsibility in an innovation setting and with good sensibility to design, culture and be content-driven. You are expected to be a keen learner, a team player and a good coach, and possess initiative, able leadership, humility, integrity and excellent project management and people skills; and be resilient and tactful with diverse stakeholders across public, non-profit and private sectors.
- Be an effective communicator and project champion and be accountable to project delivery and meet statutory and internal reporting and compliance requirements.
# Candidate with lesser experience may be considered as Assistant/Associate Director, Programme
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, 1/F, InnoCentre, 72 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon or email to: email@example.com. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.