Development & Special Projects
Senior Project Executive (9-month Contract)
Design helps to enhance Hong Kong’s Competitiveness & Societal Well-being.
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC) is a non-profit organisation founded in 2001 as a strategic partner of the HKSAR Government in establishing Hong Kong as centre of design excellence in Asia. HKDC pursues its public mission in using design and innovation to drive the value creation of business development and improve the well-being of society through the provision of diverse innovation-oriented knowledge sharing and by providing diverse exchange platforms, anchored by five major work directions: CONNECT, CELEBRATE, NURTURE, ADVANCE and ENGAGE.
HKDC’s flagship programmes include:
- Business of Design Week (BODW) (since 2002) – Asia’s leading annual conference and event on Design, Innovation and Brands;
- Design for Asia Awards (DFA Awards) (since 2003) – the most recognised design awards from an Asian perspective;
- Design Incubation Programme (DIP) (since 2012) and Fashion Incubation Programme (FIP) (since 2016) –two-year incubation programmes to nurture future design and fashion entrepreneurs;
- Fashion Asia Hong Kong (FAHK) (since 2016) – a new initiative combining conversations, interactions and cultural exchanges to energise the city’s image, and positioning it as an Asian hub for fashion trade and business development; &
- Knowledge of Design Week (KODW) (since 2006) – an annual thematic design knowledge sharing platform on how design can solve complex challenges of our society.
We now have an exciting opportunity for talent(s) to join the family.
Reporting to Project Consultant, you will be part of the enterprising team to deliver creative projects from concepts through to implementation in particular on design research, placemaking, festival production/event management, education programme and community activation.
- Liaise within and across teams for effective integrated marketing and partnership for expanded reach and impact
- Liaise and coordinate with both internal and external parties on daily operations
- Provide support for efficient project and sponsor / partner management
- Proactively and effectively research, liaise and coordinate with local/overseas partners and collaborators
- Assist in implement the programme and/or projects to build heightened awareness and for expanding reach and impact
- Digital outreach like social media, website management on programme promotion
- Assist in generate quality and engaging offline and online content to meet different programme objectives
- Perform other ad hoc assignments as required
- University graduate in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related discipline, with min. 4 years relevant experience;
- Resourceful with creative thinking, network and flair in working with sponsors, media partners and diverse stakeholders;
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills in both English and Chinese; fluent verbal communication skills in English, Cantonese and Mandarin;
- Strong communication skills with internal and external teams;
- Experience in design documentation and contract administration in similar design organization;
- Experience in arts and cultural projects, placemaking and tourism marketing is an advantage;
- Ownership, accountability and committed;
- Immediate availability preferred
Interested parties are invited to apply by sending your resume with full details of education, work experience, current & expected salary, contact telephone number and earliest available date to the Human Resources Office, Hong Kong Design Centre, 1/F, InnoCentre, 72 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. HKDC reserves the right not to make appointment for the post(s) advertised. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. All information received will be kept in strict confidence for six months and data will only be used for recruitment purpose.